Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Sunday

Yesterday we celebebrated the Resurrection on the beach at Torrey Pines. It was beautiful. We woke the kids up early, and when I asked Paige to get dressed she said, "but mom it's the middle of the night." As we were driving I told Paige and Matt how lucky they are to get to go to an Easter Service where they get to play in the sand. As I was thinking back, I honestly don't have any distinct memories of any Easter morning service. I think it will be different for our kids - I hope.

This has become a tradition over the last five years. Waking up oh so early to start brewing coffee, and making our way to the beach to listen to the sound of the waves, see the sun rise, and remember that Christ has risen too. We enjoyed the company of many friends!

Yesterday afternoon was awesome too. We went up to my parents house as always, and many from our community joined us there too. The kids ran, and ran, and ran. They were so worn out that they fell asleep on the way home (about 5:30), and didn't really wake up until this morning. I was telling Jason how much I enjoyed the day, and how much I love Easter, I think it's my favorite holiday - it seems to be the least tainted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home